Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday crafting for grandma

My sweet grandma M. turns 92 tomorrow. What do you get someone at that point in their lives? Not The Dark Knight. I figured she would probably enjoy pictures of her grandkids and to get a bit of regular mail. So I sent her this package:



And inside is one of those cute 2-up albums from Target that they sell in pairs. I got it for a steal when they went on sale after the holidays and embellished it with paper, stamps, and velvet flowers/leaves (supplies at the end of this post). Oh, and gold Glimmer Mist! I sprayed it on the stamped piece to give it a little sparkle.



The first page. I did a bit of calculating, and if you divide the album pages up into 12 months you can fit about 12 pictures/month. Some of the spots will be for paper cut to 4 x 6" and written/stamped on. I added some favorite pictures from this month and will be sending her more each month (or week if I can be on the ball).



ALBUM
Album: Target
Red paper: Basic Grey
Green paper: Anna Griffin
Green scalloped velvet ribbon: I think Making Memories? I got it in a Studio Calico kit
Red velvet flowers: Maya Road
Gold velvet leaves: 7 Gypsies
Stamps: Stampin' Up! (Big Deal Alphabet)
Ink: Close To My Heart (Desert Sand)
Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels (Gold)
Pearl (self-adhesive): Making Memories

CARD
Kraft cardstock: Unknown
Brown scalloped cardstock: Bazzill
Red paper: Basic Grey
Green sparkly chipboard flourish: K & Company
Red velvet flower: Maya Road
Green velvet leaf: 7 Gypsies
Die: Stampin' Up! (Top Note)
Embossing plate: Stampin' Up! (Backgrounds 1 Texturz)

TITLE PAGE CARDS
Paper: Scenic Route
Number stamps, script alphabet stamp: Ma Vinci's Reliquary
Flourish stamp, Ruby Red marker: Stampin' Up!
Red ink: Tsukineko (Pearlescent Poppy)

No comments: