Thursday, February 26, 2009

Long time, no see

Um, sorry for such a lack of posting! Suffice it to say, the April-May issue needed some TLC.

So we're doing a feature on die cut machines in this issue. (Lucky me, I got to try a bunch of different ones out! Incidentally, can you believe that it is 2009 and I have never used a Cricut before? I feel so stone age.) Anyway, we look at 5 machines and show some of our favorite die shapes from each:

QuicKutz Silhouette
Pazzles Inspiration
Sizzix/Stampin' Up! Big Shot
Provo Craft Cricut
Making Memories Slice

I am really into die cutting right now thanks to this, and as I was browsing online the other night I found that Sizzix is having a sale on some of their dies. Computerized die cutting is super cool, but I do love running a steel die through a machine. Here's the list I'm trying to narrow down:



Christmas star $9.99 (reg $19.99) You could do such cool felt flowers with this. UPDATE, 3/6: NOW ON SALE FOR $5


3-D Circle ornament $9.99 (reg $19.99) Great price, could make these for any occasion. UPDATE, 3/6: NOW ON SALE FOR $5


Telephone & Address card $11.99 (reg $15.99) Look at the outline of this die. Tons of possibilites. There is another notch in there to the left of the one you can see. UPDATE, 3/6: NOW ON SALE FOR $6


Pocket $5.99 (reg $19.99) Great price. I like basic shape dies, they're a great blank canvas and come in handy on lots of different projects. UPDATE, 3/6: NOW ON SALE FOR $4.79

Not on sale, but very cute:

Flower Layers #2 $14.99


Dog $19.99 At first I rejected it as cutesy, but the plaid paper they cut it from makes me realize it could totally have a great 50s retro vibe. Great to cut from vintage fabric and applique on a quilt/bib/onesie.


Flower Layers w/ Leaf $19.99


Elephant $11.99 Again, almost cutesy, but really just plain cute. Love the silhouette of it, lots of baby project possibilities. UPDATE, 3/6: NOW ON SALE FOR $6

And there's also this cute owl on sale for $8.

4 comments:

thescotts said...

I totally LOVE your magazine and your blog. I buy your mag every time it comes out. I just made some of those adorable onesies for my baby boy from your Feb\Mar issue. I really enjoy your ideas and all the cute, fun stuff you all come up with.

Amy said...

Thank you so much Kelly! I loved those onesies too - I need to make some! (Or get Tammy to send me one that she made for the article...hint hint.)

Tammy Chenault said...

Haha, it's yours, Amy.

Anonymous said...

Tammy- just had to say...LOVIN' the blog! Love you light, comedic writings...I am subscribing to this magazine...now. :)